I can hear you all.
And I can see your noses all scrunched up like you all want NOTHING to do with this cake.
But don’t be fooled!
Well, don’t be fooled in either direction. I can’t claim it’s “healthy” because there’s no lying about the sugar content, BUT it’s got some healthy stuff in it – and not a lot of fat.
But also, don’t be fooled that it’s a pile of yucky grossness either, because it’s certainly not.
And, well, it’s not a knock-your-socks off-dang!-this-is-the-best-freakin-cake-i’ve-ever-eaten chocolate cake either.
But I will tell you what it IS:
- It is a cake that requires a tall glass of milk, or a steaming cup of coffee as a dining partner, because it might stick to the roof of your mouth, or your teeth – which is perfectly fine by me.
- It is an unusual textural combination between a cake, a bread, and a brownie.
- It is chewy, thick, and dense – therefore a small slice is rightly satisfying.
- The frosting is rich and flavorful.
- It is a cake that calls your name from the other room when you’re vegged out on the couch at 10pm watching TV and your stomach starts to growl.
- It’s “earthy”, as my middle guy put it. . . . Am I rubbing off on them?
- “It’s good for having all that weird stuff in it” – as all the boys put it.