Enter: summer staple.
Make it for the beach. Make it for road trips. Make it for bar-b-ques.
Make it for parties, or quiet nights in, or to pack in lunches, or a midweek dinner side dish.
Make it for a church potluck. Make it for a 4th of July party. Make it and split it with your neighbors.
Eat it with dinner, or lunch, or even breakfast.
Just make it, and enjoy it. . . .
- 7 ears fresh corn, shucked, kernels cut from the cobs
- 12 Compari tomatoes, seeded and diced (or 4 fresh, vine ripened tomatoes)
- 2 large cucumbers, one peeled, the other not; seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, chopped on the diagonal
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 fresh jalepeno, seeded and chopped (careful! wear gloves to protect your hands from the spicy oils and seeds!)
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
Toss corn with tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, pepper, jalepeno, cilantro, vinegar, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss and marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving. Bring to room temperature to serve. Makes about 8 side-dish servings.
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens, June 2011 Issue
all recipes copyright Home is Where the Cookies Are; www.wherethecookiesare.com