Let’s be real here.
I just saw a “Summer To-Do List” on Pinterest.
I tried it last year and half failed. . . or half succeeded if you’re an optimist. And it was more like 85% failed, 15% succeeded. . . . But I’m no mathematician. I can’t be exact.
I’m not going to get all lofty and over ambitious.
This year, I’m going to list a bunch of obvious “to-do’s” so I feel good about myself. Then I’ll sprinkle in one or two challenges and see if I can make them happen.
High aspirations folks. . . I have them.
Let’s see. . . .
1. Clean out excess clutter from every room/zone and closet in the house. This doesn’t count as overly ambitious – I’m already a quarter of the way done, so I have a head start. Plus, since my house is driving me borderline crazy, I have not choice but to do it.
Speaking of cleaning closets – i.e. the kitchen pantry – have you ever tasted a rancid macadamia nut? No? Lucky you.
I just did.
Let’s not talk about it.
2. Play with the kids.
3. Set up play dates for the kids.
4. Cut the grass.
5. Cook dinners.
Eeeee!!! I’m SO already doing this list!
6. See Monsters University or Despicable Me 2. (I’m serious about keeping it real – there is no way I’ll swing both.)
7. Mail all the packages I’ve been meaning to mail for the last ummm, three months.
8. Send my niece and nephew their birthday gifts. . . Pretend with me that their birthdays were not in February. . . .
9. Go to the pool and beach.
10. Read good books.
11. Experiment with fruity cocktails.
12. Organize that stupid milk crate of newspaper clippings and photographs that I’ve toted with me to every house I’ve ever lived in for the last 17 years of my life. (I actually dove into it head first the other night. Again – head start. . . . )
13. Eat more salad.
14. Revamp the blog. . . (Uh, this one spikes my blood pressure a little bit. Not a mathematician, and NOT a computer whiz.)
15. Bake cookies. Wait, DON’T bake cookies!
Yes!! Don’t. Bake. Cookies!
Do you remember No Bake Cookies? My sister made them for us a couple of summers ago, and when I told my friend Eliza about them she told me that when she was a kid, her family used to call them Gorilla Poop.
You have to know her.
This is the girl who serves up her famous Monkey Vomit Pasta with a wry grin and shares her leftover Cream of Mushroom Soup with you while telling you not to think about what the blended up gray matter looks like.
Naturally, I assumed that Gorilla Poop was a term unique to Eliza and her siblings.
Not so. You can Google “Gorilla Poop Cookies” and you get the classic recipe.
The thing is, I feel like I’ve been there done that. I’ve done peanut butter and chocolate bars and cookies. . . twice, I’ve done chocolate chocolate cookies, and I’ve done oat,nut, and chocolate chip cookies.
Honestly, I just like rhyme of Vanilla Gorilla. And, well, if I kept Poop in the name, Eliza would be proud.
The thing is, I’m pretty sure it’d be more mature of me to make the official recipe name, “Blondie No Bake Dough Bites”.
OK, so we’re not baking cookies.
We’re mixing, rolling, refrigerating, and pretty much indulging in sweet balls of cookie dough without any of that stuff you’re not supposed to eat raw. (Recipe follows the Rafflecopter window below).
That’s the route we’re taking if we want to make dessert ourselves.
BUT. . . .
If you’d just rather have some fancy schmancy cookies show up on your doorstep?
I have just the thing for you.
It’s my first ever co-hosted giveaway Folks, and I’m super excited to share it with you.
Gourmet Cookie Bouquets is giving away two Summer Cookie gifts valued at up to $75 each. Myself and nine other bloggers are hosting the contest, and two lucky winners will get to choose from the bright and beautiful selections on this page.
If I were going to pick some summer cookies to send to you? I might go with these:
or maybe these:
or because it’s summer, maybe these:
Some things people are saying about them? They’re beautiful, delicious, and the cookies in the arrangements are individually wrapped and unexpectedly large.
Sounds like my kind of cookie.
Let’s face it, Friends.
It would be much nicer to find a sweet box of from Gourmet Cookie Bouquets on your front porch than a pile of Gorilla Poop.
To enter, here’s the nitty gritty:
*Enter using any of the Rafflecopter choices available for entry below. Any of the options are acceptable, and entries per person are limited to the number indicated in the contest form. Entries will be reviewed and duplicate or uncompleted entries will be removed.
NOTE – You must complete the specified entry task in order to be eligible to win the contest. If you click the green entry button without completing the task, your entry will be thrown out (disqualified from winning the prize).
*Contest is open to all residents of the 48 Contiguous States and only to those 18 years of age or older!
*Winners will be randomly chosen by the contest sponsor gourmet Cookie Bouquets.
*The winners will receive their choice of summer cookie gift valued at up to $75 from this summer bouquet page.
*Winners will be notified via e-mail. You must respond within three days of being contacted. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
*The full list of the summer cookie giveaway rules can be found in this pdf.
*Sweepstakes ends at midnight EST on July 7th, 2013. The sweepstakes winners will be announced by July 14th, 2013.