Been there, done that.
All of it.
I’ve been confident that developing the frustrated photographer inside me could only happen once I made plans to get out of the house at precisely the right times, and I’d only be able piddle around looking for opportunities if I had hours upon hours free of any kiddos pulling on my pockets. I also just knew my camera wouldn’t give me results that tickled my fancy.
Then I started noticing things like pink lights through foggy shower doors and bright, fresh plants on windowsills and realized. . . they’re kind of pretty after all. And I’ve never photographed them. And. . . huh. This camera is a clever little thing.
What totally caught me off guard though, was the discovery that there are apparently glowing green fairies doing jackknife dives into my morning coffee. . . cool.
What about you and your camera?
Let’s do this:
Take some snaps over the next week, and send me your fave. We’ll have ourselves a little cyberspace pic party and I’ll post them next Sunday.
The guidelines are these:
- No identifiable people.
- Subject matter is not limited to food. Of course food is always welcome, but feel free to get creative.
- Photo must be 450 pixels by 450 pixels. If you don’t know how to do this, no sweat, I can do it for you. (If you’ve never done it and you want to learn something new – hop on over to Picmonkey.com and do it there.)
- One submission per person.
- By submitting your photo, you release the rights for me to publish it to Home Is Where The Cookies Are.
- Having a blog is not required. If you do have one, however, and would like me to link back to you, I will absolutely do so. But listen – blogless peeps – this is for you too, so don’t be shy.
- I am not the boss of many things. I am the boss of this blog however, so it follows that I have the last word over whether or not I will publish a pic. It’s totes my judgement call. Let’s keep it clean and appropriate, m’kay? I don’t anticipate anyone arguing with me, but in case you were contemplating it, don’t do it. I’ve already won this one by default.
- This is not a contest, but I can neither confirm nor deny whether or not I will draw a number out of a hat to send one random participant a thank you gift. Maybe, maybe not. I know – I’m sorry. Commitment is not my thing as of this very second today. But one never knows . . . .
- To participate, submit your photo by email to email@example.com
See you next Sunday!
(Well, I’ll see you every day in between too, but you know what I mean.)